Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My day in Kentucky!

my other goods!!
my navy homespun throw!!LOVE!!!

my wonderful find!!Old blue quilt w. browns and may I say LOVE it!!
































Ok, so it has been a while (November) since I have been to Kentucky. So this morning I headed up that way, stopping at my SIL's to get a haircut as she is a beautician. Had a lot of fun visiting Gayle and had a few minutes so I got to see her beautiful home and that was a real treat! Her home is so pretty and she has some fabulous collections. She is so lucky as she owns her own antique store, which is right on the property and as we were driving down the lane I noticed an old Prim white church up the drive from her house!!How COOL is that?? They have horses and a huge pond stocked with catfish and there are ducks and geese that reside there as well. I love going there. We sit and talk and she had delicious white chocolate raspberry cookies. Had a fun time and even found some goodies. A wonderful old blue quilt, a homspun blue and tan checked throw and a blue homespun towel. Oh and the new Primitive Place mag which I plan to devour later!! I really did not feel all that good but I am glad I went and had a great time. Stopped in Bowling Green Ky and had lunch and went to a few thrift stores then headed home to Nashville. Can't wait till my next outing!!








Prim blessings








6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, sounds like you had a great day! Your SIL's house is beautiful. I really like her red walls.

    :) Becki
    Bittersweetcountryjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun day, love that quilt
    love the blue calico on the old looking dolls
    do you ever see any of that old blue for sale? if you get some,. and want to sell, let ,me know
    hugzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful day Candi! Love your friend's home and all of her antiques! I especially like the chair setting with the doll, book, and stitched pillow! I absolutely LOVE the blue antique quilt! What a lucky girl you are in finding it! And I just got my Primitive Place magazine too and can't wait to read it! Smile!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wagon with the blue decorated jugs is to die for! Glad you enjoyed your trip! Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great day out! Love the new treasures...especialy the new A Primitive Place!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love the new A Primitive Place? I love that old blue and brown quilt, it is beautiful!

    Gayle has a beautiful prim home! I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy the day. Sounds like she has a wonderful place to visit and relax!

    ReplyDelete