Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting Close






















I get really excited when it gets close to the 4th!! I love this holiday and really love to decorate for it!I get my flags out. I make my list for the foods we will have. This year burgers and dogs. Baked beans and chips. Also a huge fruit salad w/ watermelon,cantaloupe and berries. And for this year I am surprising the fam w/ an Americana Ice cream cake!After dinner we are all heading downtown Nashville for a HUGE fireworks display!We also have plans for a swim party and lunch @ my sister in laws home. I hope you all have a blessed and happy 4th!
Here is my recipe for baked beans:
1 lb ground round
chopped onion
2 large cans pork&beans
1 can kidney beans
2 tbsp. ketchup
2tbsp mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
cook ground beef and onion; add other ingredients and simmer about 15 mins. Transfer to baking dish and bake about 30 mins about 350. Wonderful Baked Beans!!!
PRIM BLESSINGS.
CANDILOU

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious Candi ~ I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend !!
    ~ ♥ ~
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time! Enjoy! Thanks for the bean recipe too!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete